MERCHANT DRAWING OFFICIAL RULES
2017 Small Business Saturday Contest FOR REGISTERED RETAILERS – November 25, 2017
Sponsored by Maui Chamber of Commerce
1. VOID OUTSIDE COUNTY OF MAUI AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
2. Contest Overview: Maui Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring a Contest for businesses in Maui County, registered on shopsmallmaui.com to support small businesses (“Contest”). This Contest is governed by these official rules (“Official Rules”). One grand prize winner will be selected under the criteria specified in these Official Rules. All interpretations of the Official Rules and decisions relating to the Contest made by Maui Chamber of Commerce are final.
3. Registration Period: In order to qualify to be a winner, a business must be registered as a Registered Retailer on the website (shopsmallmaui.com) by Nov.1, 2017.
4. Eligibility: The Contest is open to any small business in Maui County, who is registered on shopsmallmaui.com as a Registered Retailer. A small business is defined for this program as an independently owned and operated, legal, brick and mortar business in Maui County.
5. Participation: By participating in this Contest, Participants: (1) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Maui Chamber of Commerce and by the decisions made by it; and (2) agree to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations, and the Official Rules. By participating in this Contest, Participants also agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and release Maui Chamber of Commerce, and any entity involved in the creation, operation, or fulfillment of the Contest and their respective agents, employees, elected officials, officers, directors, successors and assigns from and against all claims, injuries, or damages arising out of or relating to participation in the Contest; the use, misuse, or redemption of the prizes; and for any claim, including claims based on defamation, publicity rights, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
6. To Enter: All qualified businesses who register on shopsmallmaui.com as a Registered Retailer by November 1, 2017 4:00 PM HST are automatically entered into the Contest.
7. Prizes: There will be one cash prize winner selected from all qualified businesses who have registered on shopsmallmaui.com as a Registered Retailer. The winner will be awarded a check in the amount of $500.
Maui Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to substitute the prize of equal value and to award additional prizes to other Participants other than the Winner.
All applicable taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules, are solely the Winners’ responsibility.
8. Selection and Notification: The Winners will be selected from all of the eligible entries on December 5, 2017. Maui Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to select an alternative Winner if any potential Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules.
The Winner will be notified by December 6, 2017 via contact information provided and will be asked to provide his/her home address, and phone number. Every attempt will be made to contact the Winner. Winner, who does not reply by 5:00 p.m. on December 8, 2017, will forfeit his/her prize. Cash prizes will be awarded during a check presentation the week of December 18, 2017 at the location of his/her business or other designated location, with Winners using their best efforts to attend the check presentation. Winner may waive his/her right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. No substitutions allowed by Winner.
Submission of an entry grants Maui Chamber of Commerce the right, except where prohibited by law, to use the Participants name, likeness, picture, address (city and state only), voice, biographical information and written or oral statements, for promotional purposes in promoting or publicizing Maui Chamber of Commerce and their products or services, without compensation unless required by law.
9. Winner Verification: If requested by Maui Chamber of Commerce, the potential Winner must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age, residence and identity, which may include submitting a copy of a birth certificate, driver’s license, passport or similar government issued identification within three (3) days of being notified as a potential Winner. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Winner, such potential Winner, shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as the Winner shall be terminated and an alternative potential Winner may, in Maui Chamber of Commerce’s sole discretion, be chosen from among all of the remaining eligible entries received. To be eligible to be declared a Winner and to receive a prize, the potential Winner(s) must sign, within three (3) days of receipt, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release releasing Maui Chamber of Commerce from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action relating to participating in this Contest; and granting Maui Chamber of Commerce the right to use potential Winner’s name, picture and/or likeness, or biographical information for publicity purposes, in any media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation or consideration or notification. Maui Chamber of Commerce expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for any reason they deem necessary.
10.General Terms: Maui Chamber of Commerce is not responsible if the Contest cannot take place, or if any prize cannot be awarded due to events outside of the reasonable
control of Maui Chamber of Commerce. Maui Chamber of Commerce reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest or any part of the Contest.
Any violation of these official rules by a Winner will result in such Winner’s disqualification as a Winner of the contest and all privileges as a Winner will be immediately terminated.
By submitting an entry in this Contest, Participant represents that (1) he or she has the right to submit the entry; (2) all persons whose name or likeness appear in the entry have unconditionally consented, in writing, to allow their name or likeness in the entry, a copy of such writing will be furnished to Maui Chamber of Commerce upon request; (3) the entry does not infringe upon any third party’s proprietary or other rights.
11. Requests for Names of Winners and Rules: For a copy of the Official Rules visit shopsmallmaui.com. Winner's name will be posted on the website at the conclusion of the Contest.
12. Sponsored by: This Contest is sponsored by Maui Chamber of Commerce.